We're an affiliate!
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page with no extra costs to you. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Are you an avid cyclist looking for a way to keep your bike off the living room floor?
Maybe you have multiple bikes, but a small storage space and need the perfect solution.
The best indoor bike storage is the RaxGo Bike Storage Rack and you can check out on Amazon by clicking here.
Let’s talk about why.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 RaxGo Bike Storage Rack
- 0.2 Goplus Gravity Freestanding Bike Stand
- 0.3 Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack
- 0.4 Bike Nook Bicycle Stand
- 0.5 Delta Cycle Michelangelo 2 Bike Gravity Stand
- 1 Indoor Bike Storage Ultimate Buyers Guide
- 2 Conclusion
The RaxGo Bike Storage Rack is an excellent storage solution if you have multiple bikes.
It’s a freestanding indoor bike rack with a capacity of 2 bikes and up to 90 pounds. It’s especially helpful if you don’t want to attach it to your walls.
Since it is a freestanding bike rack, there is no need for drilling or nailing.
It features fully-adjustable arms to cater to any height or bike. Both the top and bottom arms have rubber cradles to avoid scratching the paint on your bikes.
You can also adjust the locking knobs so it can hold pretty much any bike frame on the market.
This rack sits about 5-6 inches away from the wall without your bikes touching.
This allows plenty of space for your hands to get behind it if necessary, without pulling the whole thing away from the wall.
The arms are also long enough to hold not just your bike, but also your accessories.
The RaxGo rack is very well-balanced.
Many upright bike racks can lean or fall over when one bike is removed, but not this one! It stays balanced and upright even when you only have the top bike racked.
The footprint of this rack is approximately 2’ x 2.5’, which makes it easy to find a space for it. Whether you need to store your bikes in the living room of your apartment, or you have a garage, this will work for you. It looks great, too!
- This product offers quick and easy assembly using only a small wrench and the instruction book
- It provides vertical bike storage for two bikes, one on top of the other, which saves space
- It is fully adjustable for height and different frames
- It is really well balanced and doesn’t wobble or lean
- It is built from heavy-duty, attractive, powder-coated steel, so it will look good in your space
- It is easy to move around because it is not bolted to the wall
- Getting the top bike down can be challenging if you’re short
- Lifting the top bike to get it up onto the rack can be difficult if you suffer from certain medical conditions
- The plastic feet are very thin, so it could scratch the floor if you don’t put something under it
- The arms are adjustable vertically, but not horizontally, so it might not fit some custom bike frames
The Goplus Gravity stand is really cool because it relies on gravity to hold itself together.
This is different from many other vertical bike racks, which require tools and hardware to assemble.
The Goplus has pieces that just slide together but do not require any bolts, screws or other hardware.
This bike stand is a vertical rack that holds two bikes simultaneously. It’s a great stand for heavier bikes like mountain bikes and beach cruisers.
It has a max capacity of a whopping 100 pounds!
The arms are fully adjustable to allow for different heights of various bikes. Regardless of the size or frame of your bike, this stand should be able to adjust to fit your needs. The arms adjust up and down, but not in or out.
The Goplus Gravity stand offers a unique aesthetic with its U-shaped frame.
The contour of this stand is designed to use gravity to keep it upright when the bikes are racked.
It can stand freely on its own when loaded, or can be leaned against a wall.
This rack is also incredibly durable. It’s made of high quality carbon steel, which can bear really heavy loads.
It’s resistant to rust as well, so you can use it in outdoor or indoor spaces.
It’s portable! Since it requires zero hardware to assemble, you can take it apart anytime you need to. If you’re moving to a new place, just break it down, pack it and reassemble later.
- This product is easy to put together with no tools or hardware
- It provides vertical storage for two bikes, one on top of the other, which saves tons of space
- It is adjustable to allow for different sized bike frames and heights
- It has a sleek look with a U-shaped contour and a glossy black finish
- It can be used indoors or outdoors due to its carbon fiber frame
- The rack tends to fall over when both bikes are removed, so it’s not really freestanding
- Due to the U-shaped contour, the bottom of the rack sticks out farther than others on the market, which could create a tripping hazard
- The arms adjust vertically for the height of the bikes, but not horizontally for the shape of the bikes
The Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack is a nice alternative to freestanding models to store your bike indoors.
Although it requires being mounted to the wall, it frees up floor space where a freestanding rack would usually be.
It can fit any type of bike with tire diameters between 20-29”. Since it hangs the bike by its tire, the size and shape of the frame are a non-issue.
This rack can fit any frame as long as the tire fits into the slot.
My favorite part about this wall hanger is that it swivels. You can rotate the bike from side to side at approximately 160 degrees.
So if you hang it in a confined space, you don’t have to take it down to move something else or get around it.
Simply push it out of the way!
This is a small but durable storage solution for any type of bike. It is made of steel and can hold up to 77 pounds with no problem.
The frame of the bike never touches the rack so there is no risk of scratching your frame.
Another unique feature of this bike rack is that you don’t have to physically lift the bike up off the floor.
You can tip your bike up on its back tire and slide the front tire into the rack. This is a great alternative from vertical racks, which require you to be able to lift a bike to chest level or higher.
- The Bike Nook rack is extremely small and can be stored in a closed position up against the wall
- It frees up floor space by getting your bike up and off the floor
- It is small and sleek, so it doesn’t require much wall space
- It does not require you to lift your bike up in order to mount it on the rack
- It never touches the frame of your bike, so there is no risk of scratching your bike
- It swivels from side to side, allowing more flexibility in your small space
- It has to be mounted to the wall, so it definitely requires some assembly, hardware and a stud or wall material that can hold the weight
- It only holds one bike, so if you have multiple bikes, you need multiple racks
- If you purchase more than one rack for multiple bikes, you need a lot more wall space because of the swivel feature
The Bike Nook bicycle stand is a freestanding bike rack that sits on the floor and holds the bike in an upright position.
It’s great because you don’t have to mount it to the wall or the floor to use it.
This rack can accommodate bikes with wheel sizes of 10” and larger. The arm piece is adjustable to allow for these differences.
It’s a simple process to adjust the arm when necessary.
I like the fact that you don’t have to lift your entire bike off the floor to use this type of rack.
There are lots of freestanding bike racks on the market, but many of them require the user to lift their bike several feet off the floor in order to mount them. That is not the case with this product.
This stand is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Many people use it in their living room, kitchen or other small spaces in their house or apartment.
You could also put it in an outdoor shed or garage space if you have one.
The Bike Nook comes with all the tools you will need to assemble it quickly and easily. It has an instruction book with a step-by-step guide on how to put it together.
It has minimal pieces, but is durable and sturdy.
- The Bike Nook can free up several feet of space on your floor where your bike would normally be
- It requires minimal lifting to put the bike on the rack; lifting the front end up into the air
- It stores the bike in an upright position, which makes it easy to do repairs when necessary, as well
- It is highly adjustable and can store anything from little kid’s bikes all the way up to mountain bikes and cruisers
- It’s lightweight and easy to move around if you change furniture, move to a new place, etc.
- It can be a little unstable when you rack your bike on it, so use caution until you figure it out
- If you struggle with back or neck pain, you might have difficulty lifting the front end into the upright position
- Since you have to have space in front of the rack to beck the bike up to it, you’re not really saving as much space as you might think
The Delta Cycle Michelangelo stand is a gravity stand that allows two bikes to be mounted vertically, one above the other.
The stand leans against the wall for stability, but has the option to be secured to the wall if you like.
This stand offers a sleek, minimalist design so it looks really good in any space.
The steel frame is covered in a silver powder-coat, so it’s extremely neutral in both design and color.
It’s also easy to move around to different spaces in your home if you don’t mount it to the wall.
The arms and hooks on this bike rack are adjustable up and down. It can accommodate two bikes of varying styles, heights and weights.
The total capacity for this rack is 80 pounds.
The Delta Michelangelo stand has several features to protect both your walls and your bikes from scratches and dents.
It has rubber bumpers that sit between the rack and the wall. It also has rubber arms to hold the bikes safely and securely without damaging the frames.
This rack comes with all of the necessary assembly hardware and an instructional video. It is easy to assemble and comes with a money-back guarantee.
- It has a really sleek, minimalist design which make it ideal for smaller spaces to avoid the look of clutter
- It is highly adjustable and can accommodate almost any size, height or frame design
- It is really easy to assemble and even comes with an instructional video on how to put it together
- The neutral gray powder coat blends in to almost any décor, as opposed to traditional black frames
- It doesn’t always stay leaned up against the wall when not fastened to it. Although the design claims that you don’t have to mount it to the wall, it tends to work better if you do.
- The design requires you to lift the second bike at least 3-5 feet in the air to mount it
Indoor Bike Storage Ultimate Buyers Guide
Many of the key factors to consider when looking at indoor bike racks depend on your specific reason for wanting to store your bike indoors.
Do you live in an apartment and have no choice but to keep your bike indoors?
Or maybe you’re winterizing it for the season and want it to be protected from the elements.
Either way, there are some important questions to ask yourself.
READ MORE: Best Way To Store Bikes In Garage
Wall Mounts vs Freestanding
This tends to be one of the most common questions for consumers when searching for an indoor storage solution for their bike.
It really is a matter of preference and how many bikes you have.
If you have more than one bike, such as a lightweight road bike and a heavier mountain bike, the freestanding options might work best for you.
But you have to be strong enough to lift one of the bikes up onto the top of the stand.
If you only have one bike, or you’re not strong enough to lift it up onto a taller rack, you should consider the wall mounts.
One important piece of advice is to avoid letting one of the tires rest on a concrete floor, as is common with some stands.
The concrete will absorb the moisture from the tire and can cause it to dry-rot.
While hot and cold temperatures alone won’t have a major effect on the bike, you still need to consider keeping your bike at a consistent temperature as much as possible.
For example, storing your bike on a rack outside in the garage when it’s cold is fine. But moving it inside to the warmer air and then putting it back outside in the cold can cause problems.
The change in temperature between cold and warm spaces can cause condensation inside the frame.
Depending on the construction material of your frame, this could cause rust.
Consistent freezing and thawing can make the frame expand and contract, which can loosen or crack various parts of the bike, or even damage the paint job.
Design and Construction
Sometimes you have to learn this one the hard way.
But you can do a little research online prior to purchasing something for your bike.
You want to consider things like durability and ease of assembly. A strong, durable frame is vital to protecting your bike and anything that is nearby.
Something that is flimsy or weak could cause the bike rack to topple over, which can damage the bike as well as anything in its path when it falls.
Aesthetics are also really important in an indoor space.
If you’re anything like me, you want the bike rack to blend in as much as possible and not be a complete eye sore in your living room.
Look for neutral colors and a sleek design to accomplish this.
The Shape of Your Space
This seems like an odd one, but it’s a legitimate thing to consider.
Depending on your specific living situation, you can choose an indoor bike rack based on the shape of your space.
If you have really high ceilings in your house or apartment, aim to get the bike off the floor and up on a stand or hook.
Since the ceilings are so high, it will make the space look less cluttered and larger than it actually is.
If your space is really small and not very wide, you might want to consider a rack that stores your bike in an upright position.
This allows for the bike to slide in nicely behind a door or in between a wall and a piece of furniture.
Not only does it help your space look less cluttered, but it also protects the bike from damage by an unintentional collision of a human and a bike rack!
This is a no-brainer, but it’s definitely something to consider. The most effective storage solutions are not always the cheapest ones on the market.
Still not sure how much you should spend?
Consider all the factors listed above and prioritize them. Once you know what is most important to you, the pricing will come into play.
One thing is for sure: don’t buy the cheapest thing out there just because it’s cheap. You’ve invested good money in your bike and your gear, so it makes sense to protect it!
The RaxGo Bike Storage Rack is the winner in our quest for the best choice in indoor bike racks.
It is the perfect combination of durability, safety, excellent design and great price. While it is not the cheapest one on the market, it is definitely the one that we would trust the most to store bikes safely and attractively.
It is easy to assemble and does not require any damage to your walls. It does not require a ton of tools or a master’s degree to put it together.
There is no need to bolt it to the wall or use anchors because it is so well designed. It is REALLY a freestanding bike rack, which is not always the case with “freestanding” bike racks!
Best of all, it is really easy to use. Racking and unracking your bikes from this stand is an easy and safe process.
The rubber bumpers ensure that you don’t damage the paint or other components on your bike.
Which indoor bike rack are you going to try? Leave us a comment below!
Does Hanging A Bike By The Wheel Damage It?
Hanging your bike by the wheel might be a good idea but you don't want to cause any unnecessary damage. Hanging bikes by the wheel will...